Kutaisi (Tbilisi) - Mestia (Svaneti) - Kutaisi (Tbilisi)
General tour information:
We will begin our route in the city of Kutaisi (Tbilisi) and head to the village of Mestia, the regional center of the Upper Svaneti region. It is located at an altitude of 1400 meters above sea level. In Svaneti, the traditional way of life, medieval Svan Towers and ancient temples have been preserved. But along with this, in Mestia there is a theater, a museum, an airport, a clinic and modern architectural structures, it is very likely that you have never seen anything like it. Our goal is two ski resorts, the first is called Tetnuldi, it is located 15 km from Mestia. at an altitude of 3165 meters, and the second is Hatsvali, located at a distance of 8 km from Mestia. at an altitude of 2340 meters. We will spend time on the tracks until the evening, although night skiing is possible in Hatsvali. In the evenings, we will try exclusive dishes from local cuisine and enjoy real Georgian wine. And of course we will find time to visit an interesting museum of history and ethnography, and at the same time we will climb to the Svan tower.
- Duration: 8 days
- Types of Tourism: Ski Holidays
- Suitable for people: 10 to 60 years old
- Group size: from 1 and more people
- Experience Requirement: Welcome
- Difficulty: Easy, Medium
- Included Options: Medical Support
- Season: Winter
- Service in languages: Russian, Georgian, English
- Program start: Kutaisi (Tbilisi), Georgia
- Program Finish: Kutaisi (Tbilisi), Georgia
You will be met at the airport of Kutaisi (Tbilisi) and delivered to Mestia and back. *
Svaneti is a historical mountainous region in the north-west of Georgia, inhabited by Svans. Geographically and historically, Svaneti is divided into Upper and Lower, separated by the Svaneti ridge. Upper Svaneti is an alpine valley in the upper reaches of the Inguri River. In administrative terms, Upper Svaneti is the Mestian region of the Samegrelo-Upper Svaneti region with its center in the urban settlement. Mestia. From the north and east, Upper Svaneti is bordered by the Main Caucasian Range with the peaks of Shkhara, Ushba, Tetnuldi and others, along which the Georgian-Russian border passes. From the west, the area is separated by the Khurum ridge from the Kodori Gorge. Upper Svaneti was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Mestia - an urban-type village, is the cultural and religious center of the mountain of Svaneti. There is a historical and ethnographic museum in the village, where unique icons and manuscripts are stored, a house museum and a bust of a native of Mestia, the famous climber M.V. Khergiani (buried here). Several dozens of medieval Svan stone houses with watch and residential towers have been preserved here; churches (X - XIV centuries), including Matskhvari (Spasa), Targzel (Holy Archangels), etc. Numerous medieval churches and fortifications of the Mestia region are included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. Mestia is also a center of alpine tourism and mountaineering; from here begin ascents to the peaks of Ushba, Dzhangi-tau, Shkhara, etc. On December 1, 2010 the first ski resort was opened here.
Hatsvali (Mestia) is a young but very promising ski resort in Georgia, 1865 meters above sea level. Built by state order, Hatsvali in the future will become part of a large state tourism project, which should combine the slopes of the Svanetian mountains in one system. The resort began operations in 2011, after the opening of a small airport in Mestia in December 2010.
Tetnuldi resort is located in one of the highest regions of Georgia - Svaneti, near Mestia, 2260 meters above sea level. The opening of the Tetnuldi resort took place in December 2016. The resort features stunning views and the widest opportunities for freeriding.
- Only children under the age of 14 are allowed on the tour.
- The host party has the right to prohibit the participants from skiing in the event of adverse weather conditions and poor physical condition of the participant (injury).
- The price does not include: additional excursions, transfers outside the program, environmental fees, etc.
- It is possible to provide additional services by prior arrangement: transfer, rental of personal and ski equipment, etc.
- You can offer your tour dates and number of days in advance.
- The number of participants in the group is not limited